Orebic – the largest place on Peljesac Peninsula – old home of seaman’s – located on the southern coast of the Peljesac Peninsula. The surroundings is characterized by luxuriant Mediterranean vegetation. Economy is based on farming, fruit growing, fishing and tourism. Orebic is also important ferry port for car ferries to Korcula – Domince.
In the past the town was an important maritime centre; until the 16th century it was called Trstenica and was the duke’s seat under the Dubrovnik administration (1343-1806). – Stone walls and fortifications (on the hills of Gruda and Vizanjica) date back to the prehistoric times. The traces of a Roman habitation (remains of a Roman villa – villa rustica, graves) have been found as well.
The small Baroque church has an early Christian marble relief built-in above the door of the closed arcade.
The town is also home of the Maritime Museum.
The Gothic-Renaissance Franciscan monastery (15th century) is located 2 km west of Orebic and features a collection of works of art. The monastery church was built in 1486 by Mihoc Radisic. The main portal features the relief of Madonna, a work by an anonymous disciple of N. Fiamberti; in the church is another relief of Madonna, made by Nikola Firentinac (Nicholas of Florence). On the hill above the monastery is a Gothic church, restored in Baroque style, dedicated to Our Lady of Karmen. Next to it are ancient sarcophagi and several age-old, huge cypresses, as well as a Baroque loggia and the ruins of the Trstenica duke’s castle.
Buses to and from Orebic:
- Bus to and from Dubrovnik and Orebic
- Bus to and from Sarajevo and Orebic
- Bus to and from Loviste and Orebic
- Bus to and from Trpanj and Orebic
- Cycling around Orebic
- Aparthotel Adriatic ★★★☆☆Far away from any noise, surrounded by unspoilt nature on the Peljesac Peninsula, Aparthotel Adriatic in Mokalo near Orebic offers a peaceful stay at one of the most picturesque beaches in the area. Prices from €80 – Number of rooms: 15 – Check Aparthotel Adriatic, Orebic availability
- Grand Hotel Orebic ★★★★☆Located near a pebble beach in a quiet bay at the western part of Orebic, the Grand Hotel Orebic is immersed in lush vegetation, offering comfortable accommodation with stunning sea views. Prices from €43 – Number of rooms: 203 – Check Grand Hotel Orebic, Orebic availability
- Hotel Bellevue ★★★☆☆Boasting amazing sea views, the charming Hotel Bellevue is beautifully situated in a pine forest, only 50 metres from the beach in Orebic at the south-west point of the 70-km long Peljesac Peninsula. Prices from €23 – Number of rooms: 191 – Check Hotel Bellevue, Orebic availability
- Hotel Indijan ★★★★☆
Hotel Indijan is situated at the beach in the centre of Orebic in a peaceful area with a pine forest, featuring a restaurant with delicious food and local Dingac wine. Prices from €61 – Number of rooms: 19 – Check Hotel Indijan, Orebic availability
- The Lulak Family Apartments ★★★☆☆
The Lulak Family Apartments are located within walking distance to the beach of Orebic, boasting magnificent views over the sea and the ancient town of Korcula. The family-run property offers a well-equipped studio with free Wi-Fi internet access. Prices from €30 – Number of rooms: 6 – Check The Lulak Family Apartments, Orebic availability
- Browse and book hotels in Orebic
- Browse and book hotels in Peljesac »
- Browse & Book hotels in Croatia »
Map of Orebic